Saturday, December 19, 2009

The gala




The Gala was awesome! I never pictured Hope NYC to look like a beautiful hall. But when i walked in, it blew me away, i didn't believe it! It seriously looked a beautiful hall or a fancy restaurant. There were beautiful chandeliers, snowflakes, lights & Christmas trees, out of all the times the church transformed...this was the biggest transformation. I saw many people transformed too. Everyone looked so beautiful, glittery, shiny(hair lol) and dazzling. I hurried up to put my coat away, cuz it clashed with my dress lol.... & i rushed back to my table. As i squeezed my self back, i see beautiful tables, I saw a big Brooklyn bridge with light cars and little people( it won 1rst prize), i see a table with candles & flowers, One with a huge, tall floral center piece (wow!) another with a chocolate fountain & marshmallows, & one with a lot of silver. The table i sat at was nice too, idk if it was in the contest but it was gorgeous. When i finally got to my seat i see Julia next to it, i was shocked and happy to see her (idky lol) She looked pretty in her outfit, & we had lots of catching to do lol. The first beautiful dress i saw was Keisha. She looked like a real princess. I saw Ricky, Amos and Ryo, they all looked great too with their suits, especially with the bow ties(kinda funny lol) Pastor Sharon looked dazzling in her shiny beaded brown dress...& yes a pastor could be dazzling! lol. The food was delicious, & the games were funny, & we took pictures. Pastor Curt played a game with us called lets make a deal, where we chances to win money or nice gift. Most people chose a gift box instead of money in the envelope, they ended up wit 5 dollars or a sorry note lol nobody won 100 dllrs, We took professional pix, found out the winner of a table contest & had a raffle. There was a small game of bingo(Melanies request) me, Arti & Amos played on my board, using marshmellows lol... After wards they were playing Parang. Whats parang you asked? Parang is a type of music with Caribbean and Latin American cultural influences. The word is derived from the Spanish word parranda, meaning 'merry-making' or 'a group of serenaders' and etc etc, Me, Arti, Sophie, Amos, and Tanaya went up to dance, before we had to go home. We had a blast, then Ryan came up to dance with Arti, i was shocked! Ryan was dancing! ( tell everyone! lol)Rickey was there too & he had his wacky moves lol...This was a memorable night, I don't think i will forget it. Everyone had a good time, Everyone looked great, & it all happened, Thanks to Jesus, & Thanks to him for uniting us to create Hope NYC.

1 comment:

  1. THIS IS THE BEST BLOG YOU'VE WRITTEN.... LOL, I THINK SO BECAUSE IT MADE ME CRY... ITS AMAZING BECAUSE THIS DAY WOULD'VE NEVER HAPPENED IF IT WASN'T FOR JESUS.. I MEAN THINK ABOUT IT. IF HE WASN'T BORN THERE WOULDN'T BE CHRISTMAS TO HAVE A GALA, IF HE WASN'T BORN THERE WOULD BE NO HOPENYC CHURCH, IF HE WASN'T WHO HE SAID HE WAS THERE WOULD BE NO LIVING OR LIFE... CINDY, HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD? HE JUST OVERWHELMS ME TOO MUCH, AND ALL I FEEL TO DO IS CRYING OUT TO HIM... IM SO SORRY THAT I HURT HIM, BUT HE IS SO PERFECT IN ALL HIS WAYS. AND SO MERCIFUL, THAT ALL I CAN DO IS THANK HIM EVERY SECOND IN MY LIFE, BECAUSE EVERY MOMENT IN MY LIFE, HE CREATES IT. THANK GOD FOR YOU... YOU ARE SO BLESSED, AND YOU DONT EVEN KNOW IT. GOD BLESS, ILY

    ReplyDelete