Thursday, April 22, 2010

Idol

Who do you set your heart on?
What do you like to praise?
What is your own big time
craze?
Don't let yourself be dominated by something smaller.
Allowing it to be your number one caller.
Brace yourself from the harm it can do.

Is it going to be something you made?
or made you?

Who's really great?
What has Facebook, people, "games" & music really done to me?
What has it done for me?
It caused damage secretly.
Problems
by the list
What kind of idol is this?
Takes me away from life
leads me towards strife.

Causing huge collision.
helping me loose vision.
riding me towards wrong decision.

The party was fine but i must leave...
this is no addiction
it's a real pet peeve!
I need to get out & breathe!
I wanna know something i can believe.
I need a real true person.
I poured out all my love & time into this
Where is my bliss?
Thankfully i know a true one
It's God & his son
He's great & the only one.

He proves he's real & proves he's right
Anyone who harms, he will fight!
It's strange for an idol to love.
instead of feeling sad & down
I'm high & above.
He multiplies your time & love
So you will live &
win!
He's my idol but i don't feel trapped.
I live with him but there is no conflict
I am free as never
best feeling ever.
Everything has failed me & got me into a mess
My life in god is only success
He's not an idol
But my idol.
No statue required
his perfect ways are desired.

I wanna make others happy
just like how he made me.

Don't be blind
Don't make idolatry.



2 comments:

  1. WOW CIN!! YOU GO SIS ! I LOVE THIS POEM.. ITS SO TRUE... I LOVE HOW YOU WRITE SO MANY GREAT POEMS AND IT HAS POWERFUL MEANINGS. I DEFINITELY GET ENCOURAGED BY YOUR BLOG/POEMS... I DEFINITELY KNOW GOD IS PROUD OF YOU FOR GLORIFYING HIS NAME. NO MATTER WHAT IT IS... YOU ALWAYS LIFT UP JESUS NAME... AND I LOVE THAT.. I CAN'T IMAGINE HOW MUCH HE LOVES IT.. AND PS... SORRY FOR THE CAPS, AND UR BLOGS ARE SO ANOINTED... !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up Cindy cause this blesses all who read what you write from your very special heart! <3

    ReplyDelete