Thursday, September 9, 2010

Flesh

Flesh

Like an annoying whiny baby.
Never pleased
Never happy...
Dramatic as it wails
it will simply die

if we don’t obey,
& it won't be okay


We feed it all the time
everyday
in every way...
Sometimes we have no better say.

Flesh

it think it has the control

Giving simple commands
"feed me
please me
Oh how I want this so badly".
Driving your soul

To spiral out of control

In the end
your soul holds blame
as you pay the price for
your bad baby...
We ought to give it a pacifier
because my choice is what I desire.
What I need to acquire.
I want to be selfless

Do much more good
Gain some sort of righteousness...


I want to put this baby down
for a time out.
Allow the spirit inside

to rise up & about!

Claiming its chance for victory!

To take Control

of this child that’s taking its toll

To spoil the soul

Alive & indestructible

Yet the one about to loose the battle.

Flesh

Never satisfied...
has always tried to seek something
something it can’t find.

An unmoving Happiness

Fulfilling bliss

A gate

Where flesh find no access

So why the sacrifice???
Why anymore?
Pleasing it leads to
a new toy store.
For the moment
my fingers count to ten
I hear myself say
here we go again...

I have the baby

Trying to fight off the cries

Ignore every sincere lie.


What’s needed
is for flesh
to be a little defeated
while my spirit gets fed.
The baby won't be dead,
but taken care of
not spoiled or overfed...


My spirit is the main picture here
The good one.
Wrong is my fear
when wrong happens
who fears?

Not flesh

it makes
another cry, new & fresh.

When fasting

Spirit & flesh will disagree

The battle affects you Greatly

Let spirit taste victory

& Flesh taste nothing

& be happy

1 comment: