Friday, April 29, 2011

Who am I?



In this Universe
God has made
So enormous, So perfect
I'm simply just a spec
The Earth so immense
too immeasurable for our hands
We're just small creatures
creeping on the lands
God
All knowing
All powerful
& Holy

yet my constant friend?

Who am I?

That You would save & defend
I've failed you then...
might fail you tomorrow
I can just drown in a cold pool of sorrow...

but you won't let me.

Your love is a mystery
Because
Who am I
that
You would come live in my shoes
See my point of view
throw me down a rope
to finally see & feel hope.
Who am I?

That you would take the pain
& pay the price that I've made
& simply release the chains.

You've made my life sustained.

We're so small
but mean a lot
Our own life battles you've fought
Today(Good Friday)
Our salvation
you have bought!
You have given us things so special
Your Son as the most
Our lamb.

I still question who I am

God has never given up on us

Not during any nervous moment of being Jesus!
Everyone else has...

Who I am
is the reason
Why God will leave his throne
Because I am his own.

1 comment: